Vasso Tzouti explores the predispositions of the human psyche that correspond to emotional, behavioral, and cognitive models as systematic elements of the unconscious; patterns that define the way of processing senses, perceptions, and symbols. Through her work – in painting, photography, set design, and writing –, she creates a range of experiences as a way out for her personal temperament via sentimental reactions with subconscious influences.
She is one of the founders of the artist collective Ex-ils (est. 2012), active in non-profit independent spaces.
She has designed and realized numerous educational programs and activities in collaboration with museums (Benaki Museum, Yannis Tsarouchis Foundation), as well as speeches and hands-on seminars about art and the importance of creativity in education.
Tzouti lives and works in Athens.
2012: BFA, Athens School of Fine Arts, professor Yannis Psychopedis painting workshop
2011: Department of Visual Arts, Université Paris 8, Paris
2012: BA, Department of Theatre Studies, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- A view by the sea (Mov Skiouros bookshop, Athens)
- Unusual Self- Portraits (The Project Gallery, Athens)
- Eight artists for a woman (Skoufa Gallery, Athens)
- Zoforos (Telloglion Fine Arts Foundation, Thessaloniki)
- “7” (STOart Gallery, Athens)
- Andreas Embirikos “Octana” or the reason for freedom (Mov Skiouros bookshop, Athens)
Art in a greengrocer shop (Athens)
- Rowing Courses, collective performance in collaboration with the visual artist Nikos Papadopoulos (Michael Cacoyannis Foundation, Athens)
- Ex-ils, Visual Notes on Ex-Patristics (MOMus–Museum of Contemporary Art, Thessaloniki)
- Vizyneus, a trip (Zografios Lyceum, Istanbul)
James Joyce Café (Theatre Train at Rouf, Athens)
- Child and play in life and art (Melina Merkouri Cultural Center, Athens)
- Metamorphoses (Anoihti Poli art space, Athens)
- Calendars of Showcase (Ikaros Publications, Athens)
- 12 young artists (Melina Merkouri Cultural Center, Athens)
- Death of the creator (Beton 7 Cultural Center, Athens)
- Flags, banners, standards (Michael Cacoyannis Foundation, Athens)
- “With lime and sea” – images on the poetry of Odysseas Elytis (House of Cyprus, Athens)
- hands = wings, a public performance (Louvre Museum, Université Paris 8, Paris and Benaki Museum, Athens)
- EXILES (House of Cyprus, Athens)
- A3 (Athens School of Fine Arts, Athens)
- Fire in Olympia (Melina Merkouri Cultural Center, Athens)